Master of Healthcare Administration
Master of Science in Healthcare Administration
Advance your career with a master's in healthcare administration.
Healthcare Administrators play a significant part in improving the health of the citizens
in the communities they serve through planning, directing, & coordinating various
aspects of health services, as well as shaping healthcare policy. Whether you already
have a background in healthcare or are looking to transition into the field in a leadership
role, the Master of Science in Healthcare Administration is the next step in advancing
Our mission is to provide working professionals, practitioners, and those wanting to advance their careers in health care management. Students will gain the knowledge and necessary skills to be competent, ethical, and innovative leaders who can successfully manage and lead their health care organizations and communities. This online program is designed to prepare health care professionals to successfully develop the core competencies necessary for leaders to manage within the U.S healthcare marketplace.
What can I do with this degree?
Courses provide information related to the healthcare system and the environment in which healthcare managers and providers function; general healthcare management and business principles, including systems thinking; professionalism, ethical behavior and emotional intelligence; communication and relationship management skills; and leadership skills and behavior.
Employment in medical and health services managers are currently in high demand and are expected to continue growing. Employment opportunities are available in hospitals, assisted living centers, community and home health clinics, primary care, mental healthcare providers, physician's clinics, and pediatric centers.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Leadership by demonstrating transformational leadership that inspires individual, team, and organizational excellence.
- Communication and Relationships by demonstrating clear and concise communicate skills, establish and maintain relationships, and facilitate constructive interactions with individuals and groups.
- Professionalism and Ethics by practicing professionalism and ethical behavior through personal and professional accountability, employ a service orientation, and display a commitment to lifelong learning and improvement.
- Health Care Systems and Environment by demonstrating an in-depth understanding of healthcare systems and the environment in which health care managers and providers operate.
- Health Care Management and Business by utilizing business principles, including systems thinking, in the health care environment.
The Master of Science in healthcare administration online program is approved by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The MHCA program holds an Association of University Programs in Healthcare Administration (AUPHA) which requires demonstrating program excellence through a peer-evaluation process.